Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer

With summer fast approaching, as with every year, I have a million and one plans for what we want to do and and a million and two ways to avoid doing (or at least delaying/procrastinating/accidentally forgetting about) what we have to do, all before September comes tumbling along. So far, here is the list:


1. Backpacking in the Sierras
2. Road trip up North
3. Beach camping
4. Wild herb/flower harvesting/nature walks
5. Lots of swimming/snorkeling
6. Read lots of books of our own choosing, especially People of Sparks to Isaiah
7. Find a yoga class
8. Puerto Nuevo trip
9. Farmer's markets, farmer's markets, farmer's markets!

one of my favorites- a self-heal flower harvested a few summer's ago


10. Replace windshield and front tires on car
11. CLEAN THE HOUSE (I'm talking closets and everything!)
12. Work, work, work
13. Fix the dishwasher
14. Passports for everyone
15. Organize my life....ha!

3 comments:

ma otter said...

wow, thats quite a list!
Are you talking about the city of ember, the people of sparks and the prophet of yonwood??? We really enjoyed that series...each of us had a different favorite.
I love your summer plans. I think I'll just cut and paste your entire list!

annie

erica said...

that's the series! and look out for the Diamond of Darkhold this August....apparently Doon must return to the City of Ember. I also hear City of Ember will be a movie in the fall....not sure how I feel about that...but at least we'll have read the book already, hopefully by then we'll have read the whole series!

Amy said...

Nice list...quite a few of those things are floating around my head, but I have not been able to write them down yet...somehow I want to be totally free of everything right now!

P.S. I am so glad you are alright, I got the phone call from your Dad, that others got...then called him back, and he said all was good...

Hope to see you guys at the Beach soon!