Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A boy and his dog...




What is it about boys and dogs? Dogs seem to be magically drawn to Isaiah, could care less about me, and tense up around Rick. Is it their smell, their energy, their dog-like crazy behavior???? Whatever it is, Isaiah is enjoying every bit of spring break with his dog Boss at his side. I've heard him tell Boss that he's his best friend "in the whole wide world" and how when he's all grown up and moves out he will take Boss with him so they can get an apartment together. The only other person I've heard Isaiah talk like this to is his dear friend Emmett who he simply adores.

He becomes so sweet and caring around Boss, almost as if he is a big brother (something we all know Isaiah has been longing for!). Today he just had me cracking up...he insisted on playing tennis with Boss as the "ball boy," while washing the car I sprayed them both down as they ran through the stream of water together (it was quite the sight...Isaiah screaming, Boss trying to bite the water as they ran in circles), I caught them rolling in the grass together, and at dinner Isaiah saved the last piece of his sushi to give to Boss. I guess there's just something about boys and their dogs...



Here they are acting tough


and sweet

and silly


a little serious


but mostly...loving

5 comments:

Ms Morgan said...

I'm so glad Boss is still in your lives. When I first met him, he was "just visiting." I've never met a nicer dog or more well behaved puppy. And you're right - he and Isaiah are made for each other.

-Ms Morgan

Amy said...

So sweet, that is a relationship Isiah could never have anywhere else in his life...very precious, Love your pictures.

Chloe is very connected with Animals as well. She loves our kitty and is always with her. If we had a dog, it would be the same way...

ma otter said...

love all your pictures...emmett did too!

erica said...

I agree, Isaiah is very lucky to have Boss in his life and to get to experience the companionship and comradery of a good ol trusty dog. Boss is a pretty great dog, too!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a little girl and her dogs. and cats. and anything alive. a rat once? yep!